Friday, December 19, 2008

Cupcakes

I've been on a cupcake craze as of late especially any cupcake that goes well with cream cheese frosting. I started with pumpkin cupcakes, recipe from King Arthur Flour's website then ventured into banana walnut cupcakes, red velvet (actually cake recipe but did well as a cupcake) again from King Arthur Flour's website then gingersnap cupcakes from Baking Bites. I forgot to take a pic of the gingersnap cupcakes but will definitely be making them again as they were wonderful. Will post a pic next time. The banana walnut cupcakes are from Greg Patent's Baking Across America cookbook. This was my first attempt and red velvet cupcakes and they were delicious. Recipe is very simple to follow and has a nice mild chocolaty taste. I only used half the amount of red food coloring as I only had a 2 oz bottle. 4 ozs is an awful lot of food coloring. The cupcakes came out just fine with 2 oz of food coloring.






No comments: